Lauren M. Davis is an insurance litigation trial lawyer with Matthiesen, Wickert & Lehrer, S.C. She is licensed to practice in Louisiana and works out of the New Orleans branch office. Formerly a litigator with Hangartner, Rydberg, and Terrell and a defense attorney with Sutterfield & Webb, LLC, in New Orleans, Lauren joins the subrogation team at MWL with experience in and insight into the nuances of insurance litigation in today’s complicated civil litigation climate.
Lauren’s practice areas include insurance litigation, property subrogation, workers’ compensation subrogation, automobile subrogation, and health insurance and ERISA. Lauren obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 2007 from the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina and her Juris Doctor in 2011 from the New York Law School, New York, New York.
When Lauren isn’t forcing tortfeasors to pay subrogation claims, she enjoys playing the piano, spending time with her husband Matt, and taking her dog, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, to the dog park. Matt and Lauren live in the right city for one of their favorite pastimes – eating at good restaurants.
- New York Law School, New York, New York, 2012, J.D.
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, 2007, B.A.
- Major: Political Science (Graduated College in Three Years)
- Honors: Cum Laude Graduate, Dean’s List 2004-2007
- Activities: National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Claims Litigation Management (CLM), Member, 2016-Present
- Property Loss Research Bureau (PLRB), Member, 2016-Present
- Liability Insurance Research Bureau (LIRB), Member, 2016-Present