Katherine A. Sandoval is an insurance litigation attorney in our California office. Katherine received her undergraduate degree from Occidental College and her law degree from Whittier Law School where she graduated 8th in her class and served as Executive Editor of the Whittier Journal of Child & Family Advocacy.
Katherine’s practice focuses on insurance litigation, especially nationwide insurance subrogation involving workers’ compensation, automobile, health insurance and ERISA, property and casualty, premises liability, UM/UIM litigation, insurance coverage, civil litigation, business litigation, and contract interpretation.
Prior to joining MWL, she was the supervising attorney at a Santa Ana, California law firm and her aggressive litigation style and dedication underscores the truism that “The power of the lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law.” She puts her experience and the expertise of MWL to work in helping clients maximize their subrogation recoveries.
Katherine spends her spare time with her family, which consists of her husband John, two sons, Dominic and Adrian, and two dogs Richie (mini goldendoodle) and Rosco (mutt). She currently lives in Mission Viejo, enjoys family hikes, frequently visiting local children’s museums and zoos. Katherine is also fascinated with World War II history, and her favorite Winston Churchill quotes are: “Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival” and “Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”
Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California, J.D., May 2014
- Summa Cum Laude, Top 5%
- Deans List/Honor Roll
- Whittier Law Journal of Child & Family Advocacy, Executive Editor
Occidental College, Los Angeles, California, Bachelor of Arts, History, May 2008
- Emphasis: European History, World War II
- Scholarship Merit Award for Occidental College, 2004-2008
Professional Associations & Memberships
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- Claims Litigation Management (CLM), Member
- Property & Liability Loss Bureau (PLRB), Member
- Inland Marine Underwriters Association (IMUA), Associate Member
- Claims Education Panel, Service Provider
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County