Full Job Description
Matthiesen, Wickert & Lehrer, S.C., a national subrogation and insurance litigation is seeking a motivated and proactive Legal Assistant to join our office in Hartford, WI. The position will support two of the firm’s partners.
We have offices in Wisconsin (Hartford); Texas (Austin); Florida (Jacksonville); Massachusetts (Boston); California (Santa Ana), and Louisiana (New Orleans). Our Hartford office is ideal for concentration and collaboration; supporting our culture of working together to ensure outstanding results for our client. This position is located in Hartford, WI.
Legal Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience as a litigation legal assistant or paralegal in a law firm setting.
- Familiarity with legal procedures in state and federal court.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with opposing counsel’s staff and judicial clerks when required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- The candidate should have experience with case management programs (ProLaw) and be professionally proficient in all MS Office programs including Excel.
- Understanding of legal citations and experience creating Tables of Contents and Tables of Authorities.
- Candidates must be detailed oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with discretion.
- Confidence to identify and analyze issues, make decisions, and initiate actions/solutions.
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
Legal Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide onsite (in-office) legal and administrative support to two partners while also assisting firm wide as needed.
- Experience e-filing in state and federal court.
- Draft legal documents for attorney review.
- Review, edit and proofread correspondence and pleadings for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
- Converse directly with lawyers, clients, administrative staff, clerical personnel, courtroom staff members.
- Answer phones and take messages as needed.
- Track and file continuing legal education credit and admissions for assigned legal staff.
- Schedule appointments and manage an active calendar of hearings, appointments, meetings, video calls and travel plans on behalf of attorneys.
- Maintain and organize electronic files; update files with case status and information.
Salary range is negotiable based upon skills and experience. The firm also offers a benefit package including life, dental, health, vision, parental leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer contribution.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance