Nicholas “Nick” Zotti is a senior associate attorney in our New Orleans branch office. Nick began his career as a solo practitioner in New Orleans while also clerking for a Criminal District Court Judge. As a solo practitioner Nick tried his first two jury trials. He later worked in Washington State as a public defender, trying two additional jury trials before he moved into a personal injury practice at Phillips Law Firm. Nick then practiced general civil litigation in Kalispell, Montana with Rocky Mountain Law Partners, before returning to New Orleans and a one-year clerkship with Judge Darryl Derbigny. Nick worked briefly as a public defender, trying another jury case to verdict before joining the insurance litigation law firm Loeb Law Firm.
Nick attended undergraduate school at Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi, obtained a Master’s Degree from the University of Kent in Brussels, Belgium, and went on to attend and graduate from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. Nick is licensed to practice in the states of Louisiana, Washington, and Montana.
Nick is married to a brilliant and extremely accomplished attorney and together they have two wonderful pugs that they spoil rotten. He is an avid golfer who loves to travel, preferably to the most remote places possible with no cellphone reception. He enjoys hiking, camping, spending time with friends, and tasting new beers. Nick also collects bowties and boasts that he has one of the most extensive collections in the New Orleans area.
Nick is handling property and casualty, workers’ compensation, and automobile subrogation cases throughout Louisiana and across the country. He believes strongly in preparation to uncover and aggressively pursue subrogation potential on behalf of a client. His experience includes preparation and trial of cases in both state and federal court and his past handling of property subrogation cases provides welcome assistance to the subrogation practice at MWL.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor, May 2013
- University of Kent, Brussels School of International Studies, Brussels, Belgium
- Master of Arts in Political Strategy and Communication, With Merit, November 2009
- Millsaps College, Jackson, Mississippi
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, May 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, 2019
- U.S. District Court, District of Montana, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2017
- Claims Litigation Management (CLM)
- Panning For Gold: How to Recognize and Pursue Valuable Subrogation Claims – May 12, 2022 – Seminar provided at Claims Education Conference in New Orleans. Co-presented with James T. Busenlener.