Elizabeth K. Hernandez is an insurance litigation trial attorney and managing partner at Matthiesen, Wickert & Lehrer’s Jacksonville, Florida branch office. Elizabeth is licensed to practice in Florida and her practice focuses on complex property and casualty subrogation, workers’ compensation subrogation, and automobile subrogation.
Elizabeth is a seasoned trial lawyer with over 25 jury trials. Prior to MWL, she most recently practiced with a local Jacksonville law firm where she handled a heavy litigation caseload. She is a graduate of the University of Central Florida and received her law degree from Florida A & M University School of Law. Her Florida Bar Exam essay is published in the Florida Bar Exam Study Guide for having had the highest scoring/best answer for the 2014 exam.
Elizabeth is a United States Air Force Veteran and a proud Florida native who enjoys spending time outdoors with her family and friends. During football season, Elizabeth can be found with her husband and children cheering for their home teams the Florida Gators (Go Gators!!!) and the Jacksonville Jaguars (DUUUUUUVAL). Her family also enjoys spending time on beach or the golf course.
- Florida A&M University School of Law, Orlando, Florida, J.D., 2014
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts: Legal Studies
- Tau Sigma National Honor Society
- Dean’s List
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association
- Claims Litigation Management (CLM)
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- Subrogating National Disasters: The surfside Condo Collapse and Acts of God – August 5, 2021 – Webinar presented to The Institutes CPCU Society.
Areas of PracticeAutomobile Collision, Med Pay and PIP Aviation Crashes Complex and Large Loss Property Construction Defect and Warranty Claims Defense Litigation ERISA, Medicare Advantage, and Health Insurance Subrogation ERISA Benefits Litigation Fire & Casualty Large Loss Property Subrogation Fleet and Dealership Losses Health Insurance Lien Filings in Workers’ Compensation Claims Hospital and Healthcare Provider Lien Filing Insurance Contribution and Equitable Indemnity Lloyds, Syndicates, and London Market MCS-90 Mediation Services No-Fault Priority of Payment Occupational Accident Plans Premises Liability State, County, and Municipal Government Liability Structural Collapses and Failures Trucking and Downtime Claims Uninsured Motorist / Underinsured Motorist Workers’ Compensation Subrogation
- Florida’s Bid To End No-Fault Dies On The Vine
- Subrogating Surfside Condo Collapse
- Florida Supreme Court Decision Gives Clue As To Ability Of Workers’ Comp Carrier To Subrogate In Legal Malpractice Cases
- Uninsured Motorist Subrogation: Pursuing The Uninsured At-Fault Driver
- Florida PIP Subrogation And The Mysterious Commercial Vehicle Exception