Amy J. Smith joined Matthiesen, Wickert & Lehrer, S.C. (MWL) as a subrogation associate attorney. Amy’s practice areas include subrogation of health insurance, automobile, occupational accident, and other lines of insurance. Amy obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, cum laude, from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois in 2010 and her Juris Doctorate from Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2014.
Prior to joining MWL, Amy was an associate with Kohner, Mann & Kailas, S.C. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and a creditor litigation associate with J. Peterman Legal Group, Ltd., in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Amy also worked with the Social Security Administration (SSA) and brings with her a wealth of experience and knowledge with regard to the fuzzy interface between litigation and the SSA.
Amy has a passion for cycling – especially along Lake Michigan and the Oak Leaf Trail, and the Ozaukee Interurban Trail, which follows the old railway route between Milwaukee and Sheboygan. Amy enjoys yoga and has a talent for knitting, which will come in handy for MWL’s annual ugly sweater contest.
Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Juris Doctorate, 2014.
- Marquette University Intellectual Property Law Review, Business & Technology Editor, 2012-2014; Staff Editor, 2012-2013.
- Posner Pro Bono Society , Member.
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic, Volunteer.
Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois, B.A., 2010.
Major: Psychology, cum laude, May 2010.
Honors: Dean’s List: All Semesters.
- Psi Chi Psychology Honor Society
- Pi Gamma Mu Social Sciences Honor Society
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Claims Litigation Management (CLM), Member, 2016 to Present
- Property Loss Research Bureau (PLRB), Member, 2016 to Present
- Liability Insurance Research Bureau (LIRB), Member, 2016 to Present